EASY AND HEALTHY RECIPES, TIPS FOR HEALTHY LIVING, FOOD REVIEWS, ETC

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Moms Are Special


Flower bouquet image from http://www.ci.yuma.az.us/Images/General/ss-10699873-flowerBouquet.jpg


It rained the whole day on Sunday so the weather cooled down considerably by Monday.

When I looked out the window, the sky was clear so I just wore a light coat.

As I stepped out the door, I felt the chilling cold but I assumed it might warm up later in the day.

Besides, if I headed back I'd surely be late for work and all the parking slots would be taken.

I made it to work on time but for some reason, there were a lot of cars that morning so I had to park a long way off. It was a good ten minutes away... in the ... cold.

Later, I found out that the thermostat in the biochem lab where we had the scope was broken. I had to prop open the door so it would warm up.

Still it was not enough. By the end of the day, I was frozen to the bones.

Long story short, I've been in bed with a terrible cold for three days now. I feel like a zombie... a miserable, grumpy zombie.....

.....I'm just so glad my mom is around visiting! I don't have to worry about getting breakfast ready and making sure my son is out of the house in time for the bus. I don't have to worry about making lunch or dinner ... that's three days in a row!

I just need to get plenty of rest and keep hydrated ... stay warm and comfy .... eat well and drink my medication. Ohhh ...... it feels so ...... good... to be carefree and pampered.........

Thanks, Mom!

I Love You Mom image from http://media.photobucket.com.

Last night, I dreamt of a huge, rib-eye steak with gorgonzola cheese and grilled veggies.
... Oh..no ... I think I'm recovering from my cold/flu?!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel all better soon!

Momgateway said...

Thanks Natasha!