EASY AND HEALTHY RECIPES, TIPS FOR HEALTHY LIVING, FOOD REVIEWS, ETC

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sweet potato peppers and onion fritters



I'm submitting this recipe to ncsweetpotatoes.com

Here's the recipe:

2 cup sweet potato cut into strips
2 Tbsp green onion
1/2cup vidalia onions, sliced
2 Tbsp red bell pepper
1 cup tempura flour
3/4 cup cold water
1/2 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar

Combine tempura flour and water. Mix in sweet potatoes, green onions, vidalia onions, red bell peppers.
Drop by tablespoon into hot oil and cook fritters. Serve immediately with rice wine vinegar dip.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These veggie fritters look really yummy! My family would really love these!

Sam said...

I love fritters of any kind, these sound really good. Yum!

Anonymous said...

This looks like a wonderful way of using sweet potatoes. They're supposed to be a "superfood," so it's always good to find new ways of using them!

Joie de vivre said...

Thank you so much for your kind words on my site. These fritters look really yummy.

Heather said...

those sound amazing! i really enjoy your recipes!

Elyse said...

Mmm, these fritters sound AMAZING. I love sweet potatoes, so I'm super happy to see such a creative and delicious-sounding (and looking) recipe with them! I can't wait to try these out. Thanks for leading me to your blog with your comments; I love your site. Can't wait to keep reading more!