EASY AND HEALTHY RECIPES, TIPS FOR HEALTHY LIVING, FOOD REVIEWS, ETC

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Going away party



Today is Colleen's last day and we had a going away party at DM's place. I planned to leave work at 3 pm but I had to finish writing part of a manuscript so I left work at 4 instead
. The party was at 6:30 and I precooked the veggie filling and the chicken yesterday so I thought I had enough time.

Well, I was wrong! I had to run to the store to get more peppers. The errand took longer than expected so I ended up rushing to get the food cooked. The
Beef and Peppers Stir-fry took me under 15 minutes to make. Before wrapping the spring and cheese rolls I had to finish the Pulled Chicken dish. Shredding the chicken with a fork was quick but dry-frying the chicken to make it crispy took an eternity. DM was expecting me at 6:15 but it was 6:30 by the time I started making the rolls and frying them. In 20 minutes I was at DM's house, not realizing I left the cookbook for Colleen's going-away present!!! Except for this glitch, the party was a huge success--stimulating to the palate and lots of fun!

Deb prepared Baked Salmon with Dill, Pineapple Mandarin Orange Chicken, steamed beans and a huge bowl of salad greens. Kay brought Banana Nut Cake for dessert and I made my easy Beef and Peppers Stir-fry, Pulled Chicken, Veggie Spring Rolls and Cheese Rolls.

0 comments: