EASY AND HEALTHY RECIPES, TIPS FOR HEALTHY LIVING, FOOD REVIEWS, ETC

Thursday, August 30, 2012

My Foodie Pen Pal


My foodie pen pal is Cheryl from Texas and she is wonderful! Fun-loving and very energetic, she's a real foodie who loves to tinker in the kitchen and enjoys gardening, working, exploring the farmers market and even has time to take care of six dogs! Did I tell you she's also so kind and thoughtful? Earlier she emailed me to ask if I had any dietary restrictions so she could send me things I could enjoy.  Because I'm recovering from metastatic adenocarcinoma or the dreaded "C", she went out of her way to get me healthy goodies from a local farmers market.  She packed organic unsweetened cinnamon apple, vanilla almond granola, gluten-free grain mix, crunchy chili-honey roasted nuts and amazing pickle chips from the Great State of Texas!  It was a real treat to finally have delicious gluten-free muffins made from organic grains and snack on all these yummy treats.  Both my son and hubby love spicy/hot foods so the pickle chips and chili nuts were gone in no time! Thank you Cheryl and specially to Lindsay for hosting this fun event!























Today is Reveal day for my Foodie Pen Pal

2 comments:

SharleneT said...

Did you make anything with it? My Foodie Penpal sent a bunch of snacks and Udon Noodles -- so, I made a soup! I'm #23 on the list. What's your number. Come check it out.

Cheryl said...

Ann,
It was such a pleasure preparing your goodie box for the foodie pen pal. I am so happy the whole family was able to enjoy the treats. --Cheryl