EASY AND HEALTHY RECIPES, TIPS FOR HEALTHY LIVING, FOOD REVIEWS, ETC

Monday, December 22, 2008

Lime Chipotle Grilled Chicken




It is unusually cold today. I checked the weather channel and the wind is 21 mph so it's -2 F outside. Fortunately, even when it's freezing outdoors, I have my dependable smokeless, electirc grill that lets me grill steak, chicken, or salmon indoors. So, I guess dinner will be Lime Chipotle Grilled Chicken!

One of my favorite kitchen appliance is my electric grill. It's made by Rival and is relatively inexpensive. It's so practical and easy to clean that I use it at lease once a week. Personally, I would like to try a Sanyo electric grill but until my current grill breaks down, I don't think I will replace it. For long while I was using a Foreman grill. I liked it because I could grill chicken breast fillet or chicken sate in under 10 minutes but my son tactfully complained that this was steaming the chicken rather than cooking it with dry heat. I'm so glad I shifted to an electric grill!
.


Here's the recipe:

Lime Chipotle Grilled Chicken
3 chicken thighs, 3 wings and 3 drumsticks
1/2 lime
1 Tbsp canola oil
2 tsp chipotle powder
1 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Mix lime, canola oil, chipotle seasoning, salt and pepper. Rub all over the chicken parts. Do this about 30 minutes before you plan to grill so the seasonings can really flavor the chicken. Grill the chicken till fully cooked but still juicy. Make sure the skin is crispy! Yummy!!

0 comments: